How to be ASSERTIVE

On my way home from a business trip, a couple of months ago now, I bought the book "How to be assertive in any situation" written by Sue Hadfield and Gill Hasson. I am interested in assertive communication, see earlier blog post, but sofar I have not really taken myself the time to read this book. But I have glanced it through and found out that each chapter starts with a quotation or proverbs often full of exformation. (quote above to the right from this blog)

Here are the best ones:
It is not the mountain we conquer but ourself
Edmund Hillary

Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself
Leo Tolstoj

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don´t matter and those who matter don´t mind
Dr Seuss

Don´t mind criticism. If it is untrue, disregard it; if unfair, keep from irritation; if it is ignorant, smile; if it is justified it is not criticism, learn from it
Mark Twain

My grandfather once told me that there were two kinds of people: those who do the work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was much less competition.
Indira Gandhi

Destiny isn´t a matter of chance: it´s a matter of choice
W.J Bryan

To digest and reflect upon during Easter holidays...

Lastly, a YouTube clip about effective communication:

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg i den här bloggen

IT outsourcing som ett äktenskap

Förändring - "Fyrarummaren"

12 livsregler - en summering